Link to join: https://www.mobilize.us/join/16969974/1:caa4c42801c1cbfc3a43faaea8eafcb16b70d4746d58f458aead40d5c081c99c/
Sister District Project South Bay LA and Coastside United for Action invite you to dust off your thinking caps and join us for our first FUN-draiser of the season: a rousing afternoon of trivia, speakers, and more! All proceeds will benefit our Virginia House of Delegates candidates, Chris Hurst and Roslyn Tyler. Help us to protect our hard-won flip in Virginia and expand our fragile majority.
Noah Tarnow, creator of The Big Quiz Thing, will host with his hilarious and informative political trivia game show featuring:
- Fun team play
- "Figureoutable” trivia questions
- Hope for non-geniuses: smart-ass points for wrong-but-funny answers
Teams should consist of 3-5 people. Need a team? E-mail Roxi or Gary at email@example.com by July 10 to be matched with other players. (We will contact all attendees prior to the event to gather team information and review the game instructions.)
We have a generous $700 match for this event: Your donation goes further!
We also have special Video messages from the candidates!
Ticket price: minimum $20.21 per person.
**To purchase your tickets, first hit the Sign-up button on this page to RSVP for the event.
Next, go to this link to make your donation: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/sd087-va-hurst-tyler-southbayla?refcode=bigquizthing-7-19-21**
Finally, fill out this form to get your team coordinated or get on a team!
For your convenience, the donation link for your ticket(s) will also be sent to all RSVPs.
Please note that this event may be photographed and/or video or audio recorded. If you do not wish to be on camera, please do not enable your computer's video function.
How to prepare:
Please make your donation of $20.21 (or more) per person: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/sd087-va-hurst-tyler-southbayla?refcode=bigquizthing-7-19-21
Please e-mail Roxi or Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10 if you need to add players to make a team of 3-5 people.
IMPORTANT! GAME INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Before the event...
● Players organize themselves into teams (we recommend two to five members on each team).
● Each team chooses a captain; captains are responsible for inputting the
answers into our digital answer system. They also coordinate how the team will communicate among themselves during the game (via whichever method they’re most comfortable: group text, Facebook Messenger, Google Hangout, Skype, Slack, Discord, etc.) and they lead their team in choosing a team name.
How do I see/hear the host and the questions?
● Well before the game, every participant should have downloaded Zoom. (https://zoom.us/download.) If multiple players are physically in the
same place, they can use Zoom on the same computer.
● Come game time, click on this link:
Meeting ID: 920 3678 6175
● Having technical trouble that we can
help with? Write to us via Zoom’s chat window and we’ll do our best to assist.
How do I submit my answers?
● About 10–15 minutes before game time, each team captain goes to
PlayBigQuiz.com (on any Web browser) where they enter the team name
(denoted as “Team Name”) and our Event Key, which is...
● After your team has decided on
an answer to each question, enter
the answer into our system, then
wait till the end of the round to
submit your responses digitally.
DO NOT SUBMIT TILL THE END
OF THE ROUND!
Remember that only the team
captain needs to log into our
● Use Zoom’s chat function to ask for help from BQT Headquarters, which is standing by to assist. You can also use the chat to request question repeats, make jokes, talk smack, etc.—but do not post answers there! Have fun!